- n the officer below the master on a commercial ship
- n a fellow member of a team
it was his first start against his former teammates
- n the partner of an animal (especially a sexual partner)
he loved the mare and all her mates
camels hate leaving their mates
- n a person's partner in marriage
- n an exact duplicate
- n one of a pair
he lost the mate to his shoe
- n South American holly; leaves used in making a drink like tea
- n informal term for a friend of the same sex
- n South American tea-like drink made from leaves of a South American holly called mate
- n a chess move constituting an inescapable and indefensible attack on the opponent's king
- v engage in sexual intercourse
Birds mate in the Spring
- v bring two objects, ideas, or people together
- v place an opponent's king under an attack from which it cannot escape and thus ending the game
Kasparov checkmated his opponent after only a few moves
- Some of Clinton's own strategists are doubtful that Obama will offer to make her his running mate in no small part because that would mean bringing Bill aboard.
- A worker weighs freshly picked shade-grown yerba mate at one of Guayaki's rain-forest-restoration projects in eastern Paraguay.
- Throughout Barack Obama's search for a running mate, Joe Biden has always been hiding in plain sight, a man who appears supremely qualified to be vice president of the United .
News & Articles
- CGMC gets new leader
MICHIGAN CITY — Chief Boatswain Mate Josh Janney took control as Officer in Charge of the Coast Guard Michigan City (CGMC) Station at the Change of Command ceremony held on Friday at Millennium Plaza.
June 19, 2013 - The Michigan City News-Dispatch
- Sun-Mate Corp has Jungle Book Toys Swinging Into Retail Around the World
LAS VEGAS, June 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Jungle Book toys launch globally SMC Entertainment Group, Inc. (SMC), leading North American licensing agent and rights owner for "The Jungle Book" for North America, and Sun-Mate Corporation, the global toy manufacturer along with DQ...
June 18, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Coffee-MateAdds Two New Flavors
Two of Girl Scouts famed cookie flavors are now "Coffee-Mate" flavors.
June 18, 2013 - NBC 10 - FOX 14 Monroe
- Bill Clinton in Dallas Morning News
He has shown a clear grasp of foreign policy and national security challenges. ...... The long, hard primary tested and strengthened him. And in his first presidential decision, the selection of a running mate, he hit it out of the park,Mr....
- Sarah Palin in FOXNews
That's a great question, Brandon, and a vice president has a really great job, because not only are they there to support the president's agenda, they're like the team member, the team mate to that president,Palin said.
- Jesse James in msnbc.com
In a statement to People magazine, James said that he feels he can be the "best father possible to my four children and the mate that Sandy deserves."