bare : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v lay bare
bare your breasts
bare your feelings
- v make public
- v lay bare
- s completely unclothed
- s lacking in amplitude or quantity
a bare livelihood
- a not having a protective covering
a bare blade
- a lacking its natural or customary covering
a bare hill
- s just barely adequate or within a lower limit
a bare majority
- s apart from anything else; without additions or modifications
only the bare facts
- s lacking a surface finish such as paint
- s providing no shelter or sustenance
bare rocky hills
- s having everything extraneous removed including contents
the bare walls
the cupboard was bare
- s lacking embellishment or ornamentation
- Either they have just arrived or they are just leaving, because their desks are almost bare.
- Claud Dry and Dale Orcutt, of Athens, Ohio, buddies from the Civil Air Patrol, wanted to sell bare-boned utility car that anybody could afford, unlike that bloody elitist peacenik .
- The Great Gatsby lays bare the empty, tragic heart of the self-made man.
News & Articles
- Review: Whedon's 'Much Ado' is charming if slight
Joss Whedon's bare-bones "Much Ado About Nothing" is the cinematic equivalent of Shakespeare in the parking lot - and proof, again, that it doesn't take much doing to bring Shakespeare to life.
June 13, 2013 - Savannah Morning News
- HP bucks Microsoft, will promote Google Apps to small businesses
Microsoft Office is by far the most comprehensive suite of productivity services around, but what if you own a small business with bare-bones requirements for word processing and spread sheets? AllThingsD reports that HP is teaming up with Google to promote Google Apps as a free alternative for companies that don’t want to pay Microsoft fees to use Office. HP “will package [Google's] management ...
June 13, 2013 - BGR News via Yahoo! News
- THE SCREENING ROOM: Half Hour 3 Concert, With Understudies From Bare, Newsies, The Lion King, Pippin
Understudies from the 2013 Tony-winning revival of Pippin, the Off-Broadway musical Bare, Newsies and The Lion King stood in the spotlight at Half Hour 3 June 2 at the Laurie Beechman Theatre. Here are highlights from the evening.
June 12, 2013 - Playbill
- Michael Bloomberg in International Herald Tribune
I cannot tell you where the tree is going to be, for obvious reasons, because it'll be stripped bare in about 30 seconds,said Bloomberg, wearing a green tie in honor of the Jets.
- Alain Robert in FOXNews
I am climbing with my bare hands, as a PEACEFUL way to create support for far greater and urgent action from world leaders on global warming,Robert said in a press release he issued in advance. "Greenhouse gas emissions are still climbing....
- Alan Johnson in FOX News
Johnson said the "bare below the elbows" dress code would help prevent the spread of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, or MRSA, the deadly bacteria resistant to nearly every available antibiotic.