- n a relatively long narrow piece of something
he felt a flat strip of muscle
- n artifact consisting of a narrow flat piece of material
- n an airfield without normal airport facilities
- n a sequence of drawings telling a story in a newspaper or comic book
- n thin piece of wood or metal
- n a form of erotic entertainment in which a dancer gradually undresses to music
she did a strip right in front of everyone
- v take away possessions from someone
The Nazis stripped the Jews of all their assets
- v get undressed
She strips in front of strangers every night for a living
- v remove the surface from
- v remove substances from by a percolating liquid
- v lay bare
- v steal goods; take as spoils
- v remove all contents or possession from, or empty completely
- v strip the cured leaves from
- v remove the thread (of screws)
- v remove a constituent from a liquid
- v take off or remove
strip a wall of its wallpaper
- v draw the last milk (of cows)
- v remove (someone's or one's own) clothes
- Al Capp's comic strip Li'l Abner walks a dangerous rope: it often picks its topics out of the headlines, and sometimes finds its humor in the neighborhood of the outhouse.
- Year ago Artist Soglow sold Publisher Hearst a comic strip called The Ambassador.
- As Chester (Dick Tracy) Gould well knows from the strip-within-a-strip Fearless Fosdick, Capp is not even (gasp!) a respecter of funny-paper characters.
- Benjamin Netanyahu in The Associated Press
The principle guiding our policy is clear â€” to prevent the entry of war materiel from entering Gaza and to allow the entry of humanitarian aid and non-contraband goods into the Gaza Strip,Netanyahu said.
- Barack Obama in Aljazeera.net
Obama said: "This is a final verdict on the failed economic policies of the last eight years that said we should strip away regulation - it hasn't worked out that way. Now we got to take some decisive action."
- Ehud Olmert in ABC News
Operations against terrorists will continue as they have been conducted for many months,Olmert said. "There is no other way to describe what is happening in the Gaza Strip except as a true war between the Israeli army and terror groups....