- v lay bare
denude a forest
- And denude a small part of Vietnamese jungle.
- In fact, he likes them well enough to denude his outfits of ornament.
- Chin estimates that careless, wholesale cutting will denude the remaining forests of their commercial timber within as little as seven years.
News & Articles
- Readers Write: Abatement is not the answer
Editor: I agree with everything Nathaniel West wrote about structure-fed wildfires. I believe fire abatement is like a chain and no stronger than the weakest link. That weakest link, my friend, is our fire-trap homes. It doesn’t make sense to denude the forest floor and deprive the soil’s ability to retain moisture only to live […]
Oct. 10, 2013 - Idyllwild Town Crier
- Jerome Robbins in Wall Street Journal
Robbins said that he wanted "to denude certain pieces of their banal titles -- 'Butterflies,' 'Raindrops,' etc. -- perhaps restoring them to their purity by destroying their fabricated interpretations."
- Rob Gibson in BBC News
Mr Gibson said: "By voting for the Earl and trams in Edinburgh they have taken the biggest projects which are going to concentrate on the capital and denude the chance of having major transport infrastructure in the north."