- s characterized by disorderly action and disregard for rules
undisguised bare-knuckle capitalism
- Part of that involves shucking the image of the bare-knuckle fighter, a tradition of Gypsy culture that made his 96-year-old great-grandfather a celebrated boxing booth champion .
- From the days of Daley's legendary father, sometimes known as Richard the First, Chicago's national reputation as a bare-knuckle city of backroom deals by the Democratic faithful .
- For all his bare-knuckle tactics, Laghmani was seen as the one advocate for Pashtuns inside the internal security services.
- Hans Zimmer in /FILM (blog)
It was such a joy to work with Guy to capture the different tones of the worlds Holmes and Watson navigate, ranging from the halls of Parliament to a bare-knuckle boxing ring to the shadowy crypts beneath a cathedral,comments Zimmer, who was...
- Mickey Rourke in PWMania (blog)
It's not my world, I was a professional fighter. Would I box him in a boxing ring or a bare-knuckle match? Yeah,Rourke said. "Wrestling? That's his world, that's what this man does."
- President Bush in ReliefWeb (press release)
Our top commander in the region, General John Abizaid, has said he expects the coming weeks to produce 'some of the hardest bare-knuckle politics ever in the Arab world.',Bush said.