- a not brought to the desired final state
- a not brought to an end or conclusion
the building is still unfinished
- s lacking a surface finish such as paint
- On Franklin Roosevelt's desk, pushed aside during the long weeks of planning the African campaign, lay many an important piece of unfinished domestic business.
- unfinished business ex-prime minister mulroney files a huge lawsuit to counter allegations he was involved in kickbacks.
- They dismissed her unfinished seams and asymmetrical cuts as absurd.
News & Articles
- Opinion: It's not about Paula Deen, it's about us
Gene Seymour says Deen's statements let us pillory her while we feel superior. How about instead facing our own unfinished business with racism, such as high incarceration rates for blacks?
July 2, 2013 - CNN
- Unfinished business for Marcus Upshaw
Modern day road warrior Marcus “Hurelius” Upshaw (15-9-2, 7 KOs) has unfinished business to take care of this Saturday night as the 32-year-old Floridian ventures to Minnesota for a rematch against “Sir” Carresso Fort (16-1-1, 11 KOs) in an eight-round bout at Black Bear Casino.
July 1, 2013 - Fightnews.com
- The AARP meets "Glee" in "Unfinished Song"
The AARP meets "Glee" in "Unfinished Song," a ruthless tearjerker about a cranky pensioner prodded to sing for his dying wife.
July 1, 2013 - Philly.com
- Randy Moss in USA Today
Moss said on his website he wants "to take time out to thank all of the fans for their support and for wishing me well in my return to New England. I'm ready to get back. We have some unfinished business to take care of."
- Barack Obama in Politico (blog)
Beyond these reforms, we also need to address another piece of unfinished business,Obama said. "We need to impose a fee on the banks that were the biggest beneficiaries of taxpayer assistance at the height of our financial crisis - so we...
- Larry Birkhead in Bayou Buzz
The Parliament is today here assembled to deal with this unfinished business of the nation, to remove a great stain from the nation's soul, and in a true spirit of reconciliation to open a new chapter in the history of this great land,... Kevin Rudd http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Rudd&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFR87s_UH5-PqadVdNSEDyNX5oZIA UNPO http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.unpo.org/article.php%3Fid%3D7585&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHxsGIjQpb20vlJh1Q5I4TVnyHe6Q Feb 13, 2008
104605 138016 unfit It would imply that I'm unfit as a parent, which I'm not," said Birkhead.