- n any herbaceous plant having medicinal properties
- n a person lacking intelligence or common sense
- a having few parts; not complex or complicated or involved
a simple problem
a simple design
a simple substance
- s easy and not involved or complicated
a simple game
- s apart from anything else; without additions or modifications
the simple passage of time was enough
the simple truth
- s exhibiting childlike simplicity and credulity
- s lacking mental capacity and subtlety
- a (botany) of leaf shapes; of leaves having no divisions or subdivisions
- s unornamented
a simple country schoolhouse
her black dress--simple to austerity
- Alice Munro spins tales that show us, again and again, and with wondrous grace, how much can be done in a simple short story.
- I said dumb but in truth, this simple phone may be one of the smartest designs on the market.
- Zen Habits is a blog that offers simple ways to be more productive, written by Leo Babauta, who lives his own Zen-like existence on Guam as a writer and father of six kids.
News & Articles
- A simple shoplifting at a boutique store in Plaza-Midwood turned into something much more serious.
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - A simple shoplifting at a boutique store in Plaza-Midwood turned into something much more serious. It happened shortly before 5:30PM on a Wednesday inside a store on Central Avenue
June 21, 2013 - WBTV Charlotte
- Simple conversation may reveal answer
Simple conversation may reveal answer Published Jun 20, 2013 01:01AM MDT Dear Carolyn • All my life, I’ve thought about what my wedding would be like. Little by little, life has destroyed this image, which is regrettable but it happens. I thought that if/when I finally got married, I would still have an actual wedding. I’m 36 now, self-sufficient, and my boyfriend of three years and I want to ...
June 20, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Simple and inexpensive process to make a material for CO2 adsorption
Researchers have developed a novel, simple method to synthesize hierarchically nanoporous frameworks of nanocrystalline metal oxides such as magnesia and ceria by the thermal conversion of well-designed metal-organic frameworks (MOFs).
June 19, 2013 - Science Daily
- Elena Kagan in CBS News
What I most took away from those experiences was simple admiration for the democratic process,she said. "The Supreme Court, of course, has the responsibility of ensuring that our government never oversteps its proper bounds or violates the...
- Barack Obama in Toronto Star
We need to act in concert for a simple reason,Obama said. "This crisis proved and events continue to affirm that our national economies are inextricably linked. And just as economic turmoil in one place can quickly spread to another,...
- President Bush in CNN International
It's a dangerous situation, and they should not have done it, pure and simple,Bush said. "I don't know what their thinking was."