complex : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a conceptual whole made up of complicated and related parts
the complex of shopping malls, houses, and roads created a new town
- n a compound described in terms of the central atom to which other atoms are bound or coordinated
- n (psychoanalysis) a combination of emotions and impulses that have been rejected from awareness but still influence a person's behavior
- n a whole structure (as a building) made up of interconnected or related structures
- a complicated in structure; consisting of interconnected parts
a complex set of variations based on a simple folk melody
a complex mass of diverse laws and customs
News & Articles
- Apartment complex catches fire
A dramatic scene in northeast Albuquerque Thursday morning when an apartment complex, filled with people, burst into flames. Read more at KOB.com
June 14, 2013 - KOB 4 Albuquerque
- Software AG buys complex-event processing technology from Progress
Software AG is building out its portfolio of CEP (complex-event processing) software with the acquisition of Apama from Progress Software, in the second CEP-related deal this week. Terms of the deal, which was announced Thursday, were not disclosed.
June 14, 2013 - TechWorld
- Police Just Raided the Complex Where Rob Ford's Video Might've Been Stashed
Just before dawn on Thursday morning, the authorities raided the sketchy apartment northwest Toronto complex where mayor Rob Ford's (alleged!) crack-smoking video may have been stashed — and where rival Somali drug gangs have reportedly been at political war with each other over the missing tape, fake videos starring a Ford lookalike named Slurpy and all. ...
June 13, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in AlterNet
No single speech can eradicate years of mistrust, nor can I answer in the time that I have all the complex questions that brought us to this point,Obama said, and he's right.
- Robert Gates in Santa Fe New Mexican
As an old Cold Warrior, one of yesterday's (Saturday's) speeches almost filled me with nostalgia for a less complex time. Almost,Gates said.
- Tony Hayward in AFP
I understand people want a simple answer about why this happened and who is to blame,BP's chief executive said in his prepared testimony. "The truth, however, is that this is a complex accident, caused by an unprecedented combination of...