wide-eyed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s exhibiting childlike simplicity and credulity
- s (used of eyes) fully open or extended
- There, wide-eyed like a camera with its shutter stuck open, he witnesses atrocities and degradation, sexual and otherwise, that beggar the imagination: the title image refers to .
- On the floor where they have been listening in wide-eyed silence, Tip and Lek embrace.
- As the crystal probe slides across her belly, Hilda Manzo, 33, stares wide-eyed at the video monitor mounted on the wall.
News & Articles
- Overly Attached Girlfriend Takes on PRISM
Laina Walker, better known as her internet title Overly Attached Girlfriend, has won meme stardom with her wide-eyed, creepy-as-hell stare that sends the message “I’m watching you – and I always will be.” So, who better to dress up as …
June 14, 2013 - WebProNews
- Giants want Prince to be 'more of a professional,' become defensive leader
There are times when Prince Amukamara not only looks wide-eyed but he acts it as well, as if he’s somewhat amazed and perhaps even a bit baffled by his surroundings. “I think he does it just for attention, to be honest with you,’’ teammate Terrell Thomas said yesterday. “He...
June 14, 2013 - New York Post
- Dwight Howard to Play a Turkey in Upcoming Children's Movie 'Free Birds'
Prepare to dust off some shelf space in between your Space Jam and Kazaam VHS tapes, because Dwight Howard is coming to the big screen. That’s right, you wide-eyed dreamers—this offseason, according to DeadLine , Dwight Howard will be starring in a children’s movie. Does it get better? I submit it does. The movie is called Free Birds, and it’s like that Lynyrd Skynyrd song, but not at all. The ...
June 14, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Barack Obama in Reuters South Africa
Obama said the race discussion took a divisive turn when it was implied "my candidacy is somehow an exercise in affirmative action; that it's based solely on the desire of wide-eyed liberals to purchase racial reconciliation on the cheap."
- Benjamin Netanyahu in FOXNews
Netanyahu told the Atlantic's Jeffrey Goldberg Tuesday, "When the wide-eyed believer gets hold of the reins of power and the weapons of mass death, then the entire world should start worrying, and that is what is happening in Iran."
- Isaiah Washington in Forbes
She has a hard time, because she's still a wide-eyed young lady, and still wears her heart on her sleeve,says Washington. "So he has to infuse in her an understanding of what teamwork means, and how to operate off of instinct and be laser...