- a having great (or a certain) extent from one side to the other
a wide necktie
three feet wide
- s broad in scope or content
granted him wide powers
- s (used of eyes) fully open or extended
stared with wide eyes
- s very large in expanse or scope
the wide plains
- a great in degree
won by a wide margin
- s having ample fabric
the current taste for wide trousers
- s not on target
the kick was wide
the arrow was wide of the mark
a claim that was wide of the truth
- r with or by a broad space
stand with legs wide apart
ran wide around left end
- r to the fullest extent possible
open your eyes wide
with the throttle wide open
- r far from the intended target
the arrow went wide of the mark
- r to or over a great extent or range; far
wandered wide through many lands
he traveled widely
- On the eve of the 2009 season, the standout wide receiver talks to PTI about Michael Vick, his fantasy football team and what makes wide receivers tick.
- With his close-cropped hair, wide cheekbones and enormous grin, Fai may not be the most attractive representative of his genderhe also has the chronic slouch and bob of a beat .
- Without using any donor blood at all, they offer a wide range of surgical procedures that would ordinarily include transfusions, along with techniques that dramatically reduce, or .
- President Bush in United Press International
This bill provides the necessary tools and funding to help protect our economy against a system-wide breakdown,Bush said in a statement released by the White House. "The bill will help allow access to credit so American families can meet...
- Phil Mickelson in The Associated Press
I think there were a number of guys that as soon as Dustin made a triple, it was a wide-open tournament,Phil Mickelson said. "Many guys had a chance."
- Rajendra Pachauri in Economic Times
Speaking at the opening session of the Copenhagen summit, Mr Pachauri said: "Given the wide ranging nature of (climate) change that is likely to be taken in hand, some naturally find it inconvenient to accept its inevitability. The recent incidents...