- s exhibiting childlike simplicity and credulity
- Out went the uninflected blah blah; in rushed the dewy-eyed rah rah.
- Real old-timers who tuned in to the charade might have gone dewy-eyed in reminiscence of Depression days.
- The red-lipped, white-helmeted girl on the jacket looks like a dewy-eyed deb on safari; actually, the heroine is a medical missionary in her 40s.
News & Articles
- When Peter Rabbit goes bad
When Peter first made his appearance on area lawns, not many of us took notice. The thrill of a little wildlife in the yard was exciting and everybody loved the dewy-eyed innocence of a bunny placidly nosing about.
June 24, 2013 - Boulder Daily Camera