- s offering little or no hope
prospects were bleak
Life in the Aran Islands has always been bleak and difficult"- J.M.Synge
- s providing no shelter or sustenance
the bleak treeless regions of the high Andes
- s unpleasantly cold and damp
bleak winds of the North Atlantic
- The Winograd Commission spelled it out in bleak terms in its report on Israel's failures during the 34-day war.
- Hey, America, who's up for a bleak buddy dramedy about drug dealing and mortality? This drama in which a chemistry teacher (Bryan Cranston) gets terminal cancer and pairs up .
- All share Half-Life 2's bleak, unsettling vision of a planet Earth devastated and defeated and picked over by horrific invading aliens, rendered by a beautiful physics engine and .
News & Articles
- Checovich, Lindonen prevail in New Hampshire Heptathlon.
Things looked bleak for Winnacunnet of Hampton's Emma Checovich at Sunday's 37th New Hampshire Heptathlon. Checovich, a junior, was in third place with only the 800-meter run remaining, and that was an event she had never competed in during her track and field career. Somehow, Checovich mustered a fourth-place finish in the 800 that propelled her to victory at Nashua South.
June 17, 2013 - New Hampshire Union Leader
- Job Prospects are Dim: China
Job prospects for China graduates appear bleak — the latest sign of a troubled Chinese economy.
June 17, 2013 - CNBC
- AP Interview: Bleak outlook for West Bank economy
AP Interview: Bleak outlook for West Bank economy Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 9:33 pm, Wednesday, June 12, 2013 RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) — The Palestinians this week replaced one internationally respected, U.S.-trained economist with another in hopes of solving long ...
June 13, 2013 - Beaumont Enterprise
- Robert Shiller in International Herald Tribune
Home prices across the nation and in most metro areas are significantly lower than where they were a year ago,said Yale University professor Robert Shiller, one of the index's creators. "Wherever you look, things look bleak."
- Nick Fry in The Sun
Fry said: "The proof of the pudding will be if we are in Melbourne or not." "If we are not there then the situation is bleak. I don't think there is an instance of a team not starting the season and successfully coming in later." "We...
- Robert Gates in FOXNews
Let me first say very clearly that our weapons are safe, secure and reliable,Gates said. "The problem is the long-term prognosis _ which I would characterize as bleak."