- v put in motion or move to act
- v give an incentive for action
- s moved to action
a man actuated by unworthy desired
- The connection, Targ suggests, "could be actuated through the agency of God, consciousness, love, electrons or a combination.
- In explaining his championship of Candidate Hoover, last week, Tang Shao-yi declared with emotion: "I am actuated .
- Seeley, who lost both arms at 14 when he was run over by a train, now works his electric arm by six switches which are actuated by twitches of his shoulder muscles.
News & Articles
- Avid revamps the BB7 disc brake
Avid has given the venerable BB7 disc brake a bit of a facelift, adding lighter stainless steel hardware and giving the brake a shiny black anodized finish. The updated BB7S uses the same stainless hardware introduced for the BB7 Road SL last fall. The BB7s also comes with Avid’s HS1 rotor. The construction and mechanics of this cable-actuated disc brake remain unchanged. The BB7S still has a ...
June 12, 2013 - BikeRadar
- James Madison in American Daily
As Madison described them, "By a faction, I understand a number of citizens, whether amounting to a majority or a minority of the whole, who are united and actuated by some common impulse or passion, or of interest, adversed to the rights of other...
- Paul Brown in Cincinnati Enquirer
Eric Brown, managing director of Paul Brown Stadium Ltd., which runs the stadium for owner Hamilton County, asked in a letter to the city that stadium employees who are familiar with firearms be allowed to use an "air-actuated pellet rifle" to...
- Joe Sulzer in Lancaster Eagle Gazette
And the new lights are traffic actuated so the only turn red when someone is coming out of those businesses,Sulzer said.