- n very hard native crystalline carbon valued as a gem
- s impervious to pleas, persuasion, requests, reason; she would have none of him"- W.Churchill
he is adamant in his refusal to change his mind
- Although not fully fit, she was adamant to play for her team.
- Throughout the sex abuse crisis, he has been adamant about one thing: not maintaining tradition, not protecting reputations, but safeguarding the children.
- She is adamant, however, about adding a missing European championship crown to her collection of titles.
News & Articles
- Kidd could be perfect fit in Brooklyn
Hornell, N.Y. — Brooklyn Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov seemed adamant about making a splash when he hired his next coach. First, Prokhorov was rebuffed by Phil Jackson, the lord of the NBA rings. Jackson and his 11 titles would be at the top of anyone’s wish list of currently out-of-work coaches.
June 13, 2013 - The Hornell Evening Tribune
- Google's War On Government Secrecy
Google's Larry Page and Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg made adamant announcements on Friday that the government doesn't have back doors to their servers. The announcements were remarkably similar except Page was able to include this line: "Google has worked hard, within the confines of the current laws, to be open about the data requests we receive. We post this information on our Transparency ...
June 11, 2013 - Forbes
- Nintendo Chief: A Single Game Can Sell Hardware
Nintendo is adamant: You won't find Mario and Link in a smartphone's app store anytime soon -- if ever.
June 11, 2013 - Wall Street Journal Blogs
- Mahmoud Othman in The Associated Press
This will depend on to what extent the political parties will be flexible,Othman said in an interview. "But if they stay adamant to their demands then, in my opinion, it will be hard to go forward."
- Joe Biden in RealClearPolitics (blog)
In Jon Alter's new book, here's Vice President Biden, he says, quote: "At the conclusion of an interview in his West Wing office, Biden was adamant. 'In July of 2011 you're going to see a whole lot of people moving out, be on it,' Biden said as he...
- Jacques Rogge in AFP
For me it was disappointing. I was excited to meet her but it was a very important match for me too.Nadal, a five-time French Open champion, was adamant he meant no disrespect to the Queen, but had no intention of apologising as he doesn't want to... Rafael Nadal http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rafael_Nadal&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGB4R84OTDgXL_TkqY3qI1ga4TNfA Daily Mirror http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.dailymirror.lk/print/index.php/sports/108-international/13983.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGiAmX4SsLseRnwtnuT9j5ArjiJDQ Jun 25, 2010
1140 1778 adamantly I am saying adamantly that public opinion around the world does not want a boycott," Rogge said. "They are against a boycott because they know that the only victims are the athletes themselves, who are innocent."