addicted : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v to cause (someone or oneself) to become dependent (on something, especially a narcotic drug)
- a compulsively or physiologically dependent on something habit-forming
she is addicted to chocolate
addicted to cocaine
- Are they addicted to sex, just as a junkie is dependent on his next fix? The notion that people can suffer from "sex addiction" has become one of the most hotly debated theories in .
- In other words, people became addicted to the pose.
- She is addicted to her latest gadget, a sleek silver NTT DoCoMo cell phone; three of four Tokyo high-school girls own a mobile phone and spend an average of $100 a month to use it.
News & Articles
- Healthy relationship seminar planned
Brenda Schaeffer agrees with singer Robert Palmer on one thing — if you're addicted to love, you might as well face it.
June 18, 2013 - Grand Island Independent
- Oh, sweet addictions
From getting nails done, to stalking a celebrity on Twitter, every teenager has a secret, or obvious, sweet addiction. A lot of teenagers proclaim themselves addicted to a particular drink, food, store, a person of high interest, or an action — usually one that treats themselves, as you could say, “sweetly.” Personally, I would consider myself addicted to Starbucks. A quick stop at this coffee ...
June 17, 2013 - Standard-Examiner
- Random picks not wise
Soon after becoming addicted to the financial channels, I began to invest in stocks beginning with the letter A because they appeared most often on the moving horizontal screen below. For several years I did much better than most funds and indexes, but lately I've really gotten battered. I've recently considered moving away from a vowel to one of the harder consonants, those with a Scrabble tile ...
June 16, 2013 - Worcester Telegram & Gazette
- Lindsay Lohan in New York Daily News
It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs,she said from a Utah rehab center.
- President Bush in New Scientist (subscription)
America is addicted to oil,said George W. Bush on 31 January, in his annual State of the Union address. "So tonight, I announce the Advanced Energy Initiative - a 22 per cent increase in clean-energy research."
- Ayman al-Zawahri in Sun-Sentinel.com
Bush suffers from an addictive personality, and was an alcoholic. I don't know his present condition ...... but the one who examines his personality finds that he is addicted to two other faults -- lying and gambling,al-Zawahri said in the...