- v speak to
He addressed the crowd outside the window
- v give a speech to
The chairman addressed the board of trustees
- v put an address on (an envelope)
- v direct a question at someone
- v address or apply oneself to something, direct one's efforts towards something, such as a question
- v greet, as with a prescribed form, title, or name
- v access or locate by address
- v act on verbally or in some form of artistic expression
- v speak to someone
- v adjust and aim (a golf ball) at in preparation of hitting
- a (of mail) marked with a destination
I throw away all mail addressed to `resident'
- He addressed old beliefs with 21st century X-ray diffraction and fluorescence tests to reveal structure and composition, swab checks for organic material (like blood), and other .
- On Monday, Obama pointedly addressed the entire Muslim world when he spoke to the Turkish parliament.
- I remember my enthusiasm when, at the age of 12, I addressed the delegates at the Rio Earth Summit.
News & Articles
- Palin Blasts NSA: Couldn’t Find ‘Two Pot-Smoking Bostonians With Hotline To Terrorist Central?’
Sarah Palin addressed Ralph Reed' s Faith and Freedom Coalition's Road to Majority conference Saturday morning, skewering Obama voters, the NSA, and Washington culture in general, and throwing a good-natured elbow to her "friends" at Saturday Night Live while she was at it.
June 15, 2013 - Mediaite
- Jets sign Kellen Winslow to one-year deal
After losing Dustin Keller to the Miami Dolphins in free agency, the New York Jets have finally addressed the tight end position, signing veteran Kellen Winslow to a one-year deal, Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com reports. Winslow joins a tight end … Continue reading ?
June 14, 2013 - Shutdown Corner via Yahoo! Sports
- Demolition program addressed at Granger meeting
Medina County Planning Services Director Rob Henwood addressed the Granger Board of Trustees at the June 10 meeting to discuss a new demolition program in the county.
June 13, 2013 - West Side Leader & South Side News Leader
- Lou Piniella in ESPN
Well, it's a couple weeks from now, but like I said, time will heal wounds,Piniella said. "I think it was a very good idea to wait until after the All-Star break before he came in and addressed the team. It's two weeks from now, things...
- Bud Selig in BusinessWeek
While the human element has always been an integral part of baseball, it is vital that mistakes on the field be addressed,Selig said in an e-mailed statement. "Before I announce any decisions, I will consult with all appropriate parties,...
- Dana Perino in Alibaba News Channel
White House press secretary Dana Perino said that if Congress "leaves for a two-month vacation without having addressed this important issue ...... then the Congress will bear responsibility for anything that happens."