adapted : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v make fit for, or change to suit a new purpose
- v adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions
- s changed in order to improve or made more fit for a particular purpose
seeds precisely adapted to the area
- Jim Henson can be credited with many accomplishments: he had the most profound influence on children of any entertainer of his time; he adapted the ancient art of puppetry to the .
- After Jones received the patent in 1940, the system was adapted to ships and rail cars, spawning entire industries based on the new ability to transport perishable food.
- A native of Sierra Leone, Jones is the revered plant breeder who developed NERICA, the New Rices for Africa, a set of high-productivity rices adapted to West Africa's growing .
News & Articles
- Well: Summer Bean Salads
Bean salads are a great choice for summer picnics, and most recipes can easily be adapted to accommodate any vegans in the crowd.
June 21, 2013 - New York Times
- Augie Wodrich concludes brilliant adapted high school career
by Bob San SUN PRESS NEWSPAPERS Augie Wodrich was born in Liberia and moved to Minnesota when he was 11. … The post Augie Wodrich concludes brilliant adapted high school career appeared first on Press and News .
June 20, 2013 - Dayton Press & News
- Daughter fears weight will cost mom her mobility
Adapted from a recent online discussion. DEAR CAROLYN: My Mom just turned 70 and has been overweight for a long time. She has a bad knee and refuses to discuss surgery. This has been going on for years and her mobility is decreasing, while she takes baby steps toward weight loss.
June 20, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Geoff Miller in Setanta Sports
With regard to the award of central contracts, I am delighted that Stuart Broad has won an England central contract for the first time,said Miller. "Stuart has made rapid progress over the past year and adapted extremely well to the...
- Coen brothers in FOXNews
I think whatever success we've had in this area has been entirely attributable to how selective we are. We've only adapted Homer and Cormac McCarthy,said Joel Coen.
- Fernando Llorente in The Associated Press
They opened up and it gave us chances,Llorente said, "so we adapted."