- (n) offensive term for an openly homosexual man
- (v) hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of
- (v) put in a dangerous, disadvantageous, or difficult position
- (adj) beyond or deviating from the usual or expected
- (adj) homosexual or arousing homosexual desires
- But Nick is having too good a time, knows and dislikes the queer Wynant family too welluntil a gunman breaks into his hotel room early one morning to crease him with a bullet.
- Irish MacNeice finds Iceland interesting chiefly as one more queer spot in which to wonder what the devil he is doing there.