- n drain that allows water on the deck of a vessel to flow overboard
- v wait in hiding to attack
- v put in a dangerous, disadvantageous, or difficult position
- Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff also chimed in, accusing the mostly Democratic lawmakers supporting the human-rights provisions of trying to scupper the initiative.
- And Israel is unlikely to scupper the Obama Administration's push for a comprehensive Middle East peace by launching a war of choice.
- The judgment, handed down by Lord Justice Moses and Justice Sullivan, censured Robert Wardle, director of the SFO, for allowing threats made by Saudi officials to scupper the .
News & Articles
- Royalty wants appeal over Elan bid heard next week
DUBLIN (Reuters) - U.S.-based Royalty Pharma sought to have an appeal heard next week over conditions attached to its hostile bid for Irish drug firm Elan that threaten to scupper the $8 billion deal. Royalty received a blow in its battle to take over Elan last week when Ireland's Takeover Panel ruled that the investment firm could not revise the terms of its offer, meaning it could become null ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Royalty wants Elan appeal heard next week
DUBLIN (Reuters) - U.S.-based Royalty Pharma sought to have an appeal heard next week over conditions attached to its hostile bid for Irish drug firm Elan that threaten to scupper the $8 billion (5.1 billion ...
June 12, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! Finance
- Bob Crow in The Star
Mr Crow said: "These job losses have the potential to do lasting damage both to the economy and the environment, and it is imperative that they are stopped. Renationalisation would be a far better option than allowing the recession to scupper...
- Shaun Udal in BBC Sport
Sachin would love to come,said Udal. "But the Board of Control for Cricket in India are not being as positive as he would like. They are trying to organise a one-day tournament which may scupper our plans. He has a house just round the...
- Mary Scanlon in Scotsman
Scottish Conservative health spokeswoman Mary Scanlon said: "This is quite shocking. Due to the uncertainty it's impossible to estimate how many people should be revaccinated. This could also scupper the seasonal and swine flu vaccination campaign...