- v pose a threat to; present a danger to
The pollution is endangering the crops
- v put in a dangerous, disadvantageous, or difficult position
- Others patients are relying on oxycontin and morphine-based medications, which may not endanger the cardiovascular system in the same way, but carry perils of their own, addiction .
- The official truth of the moment was that the emergence of SARSthe frightening virus responsible for Asia's gravest health crisis in recent memorydid not endanger the 14 .
- They can also endanger the baby if the infant's gestational age has been miscalculated and the child is removed from the womb too soon.
News & Articles
- Israeli Business Leaders Warn Netanyahu on Peace
Some of the country’s top businessmen met with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu last month to express concern that the stalled peace process with the Palestinians would ultimately harm and even endanger the Israeli economy. Click here for the rest of the article...
June 18, 2013 - The Forward
- Conservationists worry about hunting plan at Kan. preserve
Conservationists are raising concerns that a proposal to expand hunting at the Quivira National Wildlife Refuge could endanger whooping cranes that migrate through the south-central Kansas refuge.
June 17, 2013 - KMBC-TV Kansas City
- Social Media in China Is ‘War,’ Says Communist Official
Citing the influence of China’s Twitter-like microblogging platforms on public opinion, a People’s Liberation Army (PLA) military officer said in a recent interview that Weibo microblogs endanger national security because they spread ideas of constitutional government, freedom of speech, and … The post Social Media in China Is ‘War,’ Says Communist Official appeared first on The Epoch Times .
June 17, 2013 - The Epoch Times
- Harry Reid in International Herald Tribune
Adding more combat troops will only endanger more Americans and stretch our military to the breaking point for no strategic gain,Pelosi and Reid wrote in a letter to Bush.
- Robert Gates in Washington Post
Failure in Iraq at this juncture would be a calamity that would haunt our nation, impair our credibility, and endanger Americans for decades to come,Robert M. Gates said yesterday upon taking the oath to be Secretary of Defense.
- Walter Cronkite in Times Herald-Record
I never asked them why,the present-day Cronkite says in the film. "I was so pleased to get the job, I didn't want to endanger it by suggesting that I didn't know why I had it."