threaten : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v pose a threat to; present a danger to
- v to utter intentions of injury or punishment against:"He threatened me when I tried to call the police"
- v to be a menacing indication of something:"The clouds threaten rain"
- On occasion, we've had to threaten military force, and Saddam has backed down.
- The rich have to realize that their irresponsible spending patterns could threaten social stability.
- That would cue Saddam Hussein to demand his opportunity to send armored forces to threaten Israel by marching through Jordan or Syria or both.
News & Articles
- US Dollar, S&P 500 Threaten to Overturn Multi-Month Rising Trends
US Dollar, S&P 500 Threaten to Overturn Multi-Month Rising Trends
June 13, 2013 - DailyFX via Yahoo! Finance
- Video: Massive storms threaten mid-Atlantic
A line of massive storms threatens millions of people in the Northeast. The storm system has already struck the Midwest, with several tornadoes touching down in Iowa. Gayle King reports.
June 13, 2013 - CBS News
- Vicious Wildfires Tear Through Colorado, Threatening Thousands
A group of wildfires threaten thousands of residents throughout Colorado and hundreds of inmates from an area prison. The fires have destroyed nearly a hundred homes and nearly seven thousand people have evacuated the area. Officials report that 2,300 homes are directly threatened by the flames. About a thousand prisoners had to be transported from an area prison, mainly as a precaution, as ...
June 13, 2013 - Gawker
- Barack Obama in Times Online
Mr Obama said: "Should North Korea decide to take this action, we will work with all interested partners in the international community to take appropriate steps to let North Korea know that they cannot threaten the safety and stability of other...
- Thad W Allen in USA Today
At this point, it does not threaten the site, but we know that these tracks can change, and we're paying very close attention to it,Allen said in a briefing Saturday. "We know the weather is unpredictable and we could have a sudden,...
- Robert Gates in The Associated Press
We are fighting a war against al-Qaeda and its extremist allies, who directly threaten the United States, Afghanistan, and our friends and allies around the world,Gates said. "Going forward, we must pursue this mission with a unity of...