- n an account of an amusing incident (usually with a punch line)
she told a funny story
she made a funny
- s arousing or provoking laughter
funny stories that made everybody laugh
a very funny writer
- s beyond or deviating from the usual or expected
her speech has a funny twang
they have some funny ideas about war
- s not as expected
up to some funny business
- s experiencing odd bodily sensations
told the doctor about the funny sensations in her chest
- The Republicans drew some funny lines, like the ones dividing Austin into four districts, one of them connecting the capital to the border of Mexico 300 miles away.
- Just funny and not funny.
- In places it is also funny.
- Barack Obama in Wall Street Journal
Nobody thinks that Bush and McCain have a real answer to the challenges we face. So what they're going to try to do is make you scared of me,Sen. Obama said. "You know, he's not patriotic enough, he's got a funny name, you know, he doesn't...
- Tony Kornheiser in ESPN
If I could handpick a replacement of a football guy, I would cast a net and drag in Jon Gruden,Kornheiser added. "He is the two things you most want -- smart and funny -- and has the two things I don't -- good hair and a tan. I love PTI...
- Carlos Bocanegra in The Associated Press
The funny thing is, we talk about, you know, don't concede early,Bocanegra said. "And man, it's been our trademark lately, conceding early."