- a not divisible by two
- s not easily explained
it is odd that his name is never mentioned
- s an indefinite quantity more than that specified
invited 30-odd guests
- s beyond or deviating from the usual or expected
had an odd name
- s of the remaining member of a pair, of socks e.g.
- s not used up
some odd dollars left
- Sarah Palin in International Herald Tribune
I did not order the clothes. Did not ask for the clothes,Palin said. "I would have been happy to have worn my own clothes from Day One. But that is kind of an odd issue, an odd campaign issue as things were wrapping up there as to who...
- Barack Obama in Eurasia Review
You know, sometimes it's odd when you're sitting in historic meetings with your Russian counterpart to spend time talking about chicken,Obama said to the Associated Press. "We may be able to finally throw away those red phones that have...
- Daniel Tani in International Herald Tribune
I look forward to some odd things,Tani said. "I'm looking forward to putting food on a plate and eating several things at once, which you can't do up here. I'm looking forward to spitting my toothpaste out in a sink rather than swallowing...