leftover : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a small part or portion that remains after the main part no longer exists
- s not used up
- Hamza Ali was playing outside when a leftover cluster munition exploded.
- With reddened eyes and leftover makeupnot to mention the diamonds embedded in her teethshe looks older than her 24 years but acts younger, clutching a pillow to her chest and .
- The leftover aluminum shavings make a nice tree ornament that someone might actually buy (the "Everest" balls are $48 for four at Eco-Artware.
News & Articles
- Family bonding, the hard way
The mothers and daughters crossed arms and held hands, singing the Girl Scout song about making new friends but keeping the old. In a few minutes, the girls would have to leave — carrying leftover cupcakes and juice boxes past the barbed wire and through the metal detector. Their moms would stay behind — in some cases, for years to come.
June 15, 2013 - The Columbus Dispatch
- Complaints filed against asphalt company
PORTLAND -- KGW's Unit-8 has a warning to homeowners. Traveling paving companies have returned and so have the consumer complaints. Most of these stories begin with a door knock. Michelle Schappel of Sublimity, Ore. claims a crew with PJ's Asphalt knocked on the door of her rural home two weeks ago. "They said we have leftover asphalt from another job and we'll give you a really good deal ...
June 15, 2013 - KGW NewsChannel 8 Portland
- Housing authority talk funding shortfalls in Section 8 program
The Talladega Housing Authority voted 4-0 Tuesday night to cover possible shortfalls in the Section 8 program with leftover administrative funds rather than accepting additional money from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
June 14, 2013 - The Daily Home
- Jack Black in 570 News
In a way, I feel like this is my most fleshed out and the most satisfied I've been with a role,Black said. "Where a lot of times, on most movies, I have a lot of leftover stuff that I didn't feel I totally nailed as much as I wanted to. I...
- Coen brothers in International Herald Tribune
Just by accident, Brad had done a commercial or photo shoot or something where his hair had been streaked, and he went in for a fitting for wardrobe for this with this kind of leftover hair, so we went, 'Oh, how about that?'Ethan Coen said.
- Tom Harkin in Reuters
There are some 400,000 leftover, unwanted embryos in fertility clinics across America,Harkin said. "All we are saying is, instead of throwing those leftover embryos away, let's allow couples to donate a few of them, if they wish, to create...