- v stay the same; remain in a certain state
- v continue in a place, position, or situation
- v be left; of persons, questions, problems, results, evidence, etc.
- v stay behind
- s not used up
saved the remaining sandwiches for supper
- Iraqi Jews sit in their home in the tiny remaining Jewish community in Baghdad, Iraq.
- Hillary leads in the three largest, delegate rich states remaining: Texas, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
- Even if Hwang's two remaining triumphs, Snuppy and the first human cloning, emerge untainted, urgent questions remain.
News & Articles
- Voices Against Brain Cancer Commends Family For Remaining Positive Despite Three Cancer Diagnoses
Voices Against Brain Cancer, an organization dedicated to brain cancer research and advocacy, commends family for remaining positive and supporting each other despite three different cancer diagnoses in the past 16 years. (PRWeb June 15, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/braincancer/research/prweb10830655.htm
June 15, 2013 - PRWeb
- One of three remaining 1906 Great Quake survivors dies
One of the three remaining known survivors of the 1906 earthquake and fire in San Francisco passed away earlier this week. Winnie Hook, 107, died at her home Tuesday, according to her family. Hook will be honored Friday at a noontime ceremony at John's Grill, located at 63 Ellis St. in San Francisco. A fire truck will ring its bell at 12:30 p.m. for Hook. William Del Monte, 107, and Ruth Newman ...
June 14, 2013 - KTVU
- DealBook: JPMorgan to Spin Out Its Private Equity Unit
JPMorgan’s last remaining private equity unit, One Equity Partners, will be spun out into a separate company and raise its next fund as an independent firm.
June 14, 2013 - New York Times
- Ben Bernanke in International Herald Tribune
Growth was seen as remaining sluggish during the first part of next year, then strengthening as the effects of tighter credit and the housing correction begin to wane,Bernanke told the JEC.
- Elizardo Sanchez in The Associated Press
There are more than 100 remaining prisoners and we don't see any in this agreement,he said. "The government of Cuba should free all political prisoners in Cuba."
- Abraham Lincoln in The Herald-Mail
It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us,Lincoln said in 1983 as he stood not far away in Gettysburg, Pa.