- n liquor distilled from fermented molasses
- n a card game based on collecting sets and sequences; the winner is the first to meld all their cards
- s beyond or deviating from the usual or expected
what a rum fellow
- From Jamaica and Cuba comes sweet, potent rum to London.
- Rum Collins (Thunderball): Two ounces light rum, a juiced lime, a tablespoon of powdered sugar, carbonated water, a sliced lemon and a cherry.
- Even in Port au Prince good Haitian rum brings $2 a bottle, costs nearly $5 in New York.
News & Articles
- Rum's the Word in This Season's Cocktails
Rum consumption is on the rise thanks to a new cocktail craze
June 10, 2013 - Marketwire
- Rum Runner Press Announces the USA and EU Trademark Registration of "The Rum University"
The use of the Rum University name without the approval of the trademark holder will be legally prosecuted. (PRWeb June 10, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10816348.htm
June 10, 2013 - PRWeb
- Rum Slush recipe
Rum SlushMakes about 12 servingsOne 10-ounce jar maraschino cherries, undrainedOne 12-ounce can frozen limeade concentrateOne 12-ounce can frozen orange juice concentrateOne 12-ounce can frozen pink lemonade concentrate2 cups light or dark rum6 cups ginger ale or club sodaFresh mint sprigs...
June 7, 2013 - New Orleans Times-Picayune
- John de Jongh in International Herald Tribune
Virgin Islands Gov. John deJongh praised the islands' "friends in the Congress who resisted the effort to delete our rum provision because it provided a good 'sound bite' for opponents of the larger bill."
- JP Morgan in International Herald Tribune
Absolut would also be an attractive addition to the company because "vodka, rum and gin categories are relatively weak for Fortune Brands," JP Morgan said in a research note.
- George Lazenby in Melbourne Herald Sun
Lazenby, in court papers filed yesterday, accused Shriver of consuming "a cocktail of prescription painkillers, Ambien sleeping pills and rum or vodka each night and during the day".