- a not even or uniform as e.g. in shape or texture
an uneven color
wood with an uneven grain
- s (of a contest or contestants) not fairly matched as opponents
vaudeville...waged an uneven battle against the church
- a not divisible by two
- s variable and recurring at irregular intervals
an uneven gait
- s lacking consistency
- More colleges than ever have added women's teams, but female coaches still have an uneven playing field.
- Avoid wearing shiny jewelry that might simulate the scales of a prey fish, and also avoid uneven tanning and contrasting, bright-colored clothing.
- GymnasticsUnited StatesAge: 18 Willowy and long-limbed, Liukin dances across the beam and around the uneven bars.
News & Articles
- Food companies work to make it look natural
Food companies work to make it look natural Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 1:47 pm, Monday, June 17, 2013 [...] Kraft Foods took more than two years to develop a process to make the thick, uneven slabs of turkey in its Carving Board line look like leftovers from a homemade ...
June 22, 2013 - seattlepi.com
- Limiting the 401(k) Finder’s Fee
A wave of lawsuits and a federal effort have helped lower fees for 401(k)’s and pushed companies to offer clearer details about plans, but progress is uneven.
June 21, 2013 - New York Times
- Beverly Hills Porcelain Veneers Expert, Dr. Kevin Sands, Enhances Smiles Using Veneers
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif., June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Smiles often get damaged or discolored over time. In some cases, a smile can even have naturally misshapen, discolored or uneven teeth that can affect ...
June 21, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Jean-Claude Trichet in Reuters
ECB President Jean-Claude Trichet said on Thursday he expects the euro area economy to grow "at a moderate and still uneven pace in an environment of high uncertainty".
- David Petraeus in USA Today
Though the improvements have been uneven across Iraq, the overall number of security incidents in Iraq has declined in eight of the past 12 weeks, with the numbers of incidents in the last two weeks at the lowest levels seen since June 2006,...
- Ryan Crocker in DigitalJournal.com
This process will not be quick. It will be uneven (and) punctuated by setbacks as well as achievements,Crocker said.