- s causing abrasion
- s easily irritated or annoyed
- s lacking consistency
- s unpleasantly harsh or grating in sound
- The effect was instant: my scratchy throat was soothed, my cough subsided and my sniffles slowed.
- What they said remains unknown but they were using a scratchy radio connection and speaking through bulky oxygen masks, which may have resulted in a misunderstanding.
- Andrew Motion, Britain's poet laureate since 1999, selected skirr, which refers to the rattling, scratchy noise that a bird's wings make during flight.
News & Articles
- Rugby-Cruden helps All Blacks to tense win over France
* All Blacks continue winning record at Eden Park * Both sides waste scoring opportunities (Recasts, adds fresh quotes) By Greg Stutchbury AUCKLAND, June 8 (Reuters) - Aaron Cruden had a mixed night with his boot but managed to slot 13 points for a scratchy All Blacks side as they held off a combative France team 23-13 in the first game of their three-test series at Eden Park on Saturday. ...
June 8, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Food Truck Friday – Scratchy’s Food Truck
Kim checks out the food on board Scratchy’s Food Truck.
June 7, 2013 - KWGN Denver
- Serena Williams in Forbes
I think I was a wee bit nervous out there,defending champion Williams said after beating wild-card entry Jarmila Gajdosova 6-3, 6-3 in the first match on center court. "I think everyone could probably tell I was a little scratchy. But it's...
- Mark Harvey in Sydney Morning Herald
He was a bit scratchy, as you'd expect,Harvey said. "I thought as the game grew we needed Michael to stand up, particularly when we were losing players (to injury). I thought as the game wore on he got better. He needs to keep improving...
- Evan Lysacek in Forbes
I think this one was a little scratchy,said Lysacek, who also landed the quad in his win at the US championships. "I'm satisfied at pulling it off."