amusing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v occupy in an agreeable, entertaining or pleasant fashion
- v make (somebody) laugh
- s providing enjoyment; pleasantly entertaining
an amusing speaker
- s arousing or provoking laughter
an amusing film with a steady stream of pranks and pratfalls
an amusing fellow
- Hi, Robot Machines that perform tasks both dangerous and amusing .
- HER PAST HAS COME BACK TO HAUNT Dimitra Liani-Papandreou, and it is alternately amusing and scandalizing her fellow Greeks.
- The Berlin Stories: This portrait of an old rapscallion is satire too cold to be amusing; it is written with the analytic distaste of one who watches without pity the dwindling of .
News & Articles
- 2013 Stanley Cup Final GIF recap: Bruins outlast Blackhawks in Game 2
None of this was amusing to Claude Julien. After a stern talking-to during the first intermission, the Bruins started to play their game better. Part of Boston's game is physical play.
June 16, 2013 - Philly.com
- Derby reels in big crowd
He chuckles a little now, when you ask him about it. This is not because Willie Jordan thinks the question is amusing. It's because ... well, you've taken him back a ways.
June 16, 2013 - Fort Wayne Journal Gazette
- Pre-caffeine tech: Internet hiding, regretful dogs
Our pre-caffeine roundup is a collection of the hottest, strangest, and most amusing stories of the morning.Privacy, please! New technologies could hide your identity online ... in the future, anyway.But, hey! Here's six things you can do now to be stealthier on the Internet.Yup. Encrypted e-mail: How much annoyance will you tolerate to keep the NSA away?Think about it: Overly Attached ...
June 14, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Barack Obama in Bloomberg
There are some in this race who actually make the argument that the more time you spend immersed in the broken politics of Washington, the more likely you are to change it,Obama said. "I always find this a little amusing. I know that...
- John Roberts in Christian Science Monitor
The message on [student Joseph Frederick's] banner was cryptic,Chief Justice John Roberts wrote for the majority. "It is no doubt offensive to some, perhaps amusing to others. To still others, it probably means nothing at all."
- Karl Lagerfeld in KTAR.com
There are so many films being made about Chanel that I thought it would be good for Chanel to make one also,Lagerfeld said. "I thought it was amusing because I love silent movies. I don't like it when there's talking."