- s incongruous; inviting ridicule
a contribution so small as to be laughable
- s arousing or provoking laughter
it would have been laughable if it hadn't hurt so much
- Harman said Thursday in a voicemail message that any investigation of or allegation of improper conduct by her would be "irresponsible, laughable and scurrilous.
- To think that Woody was in any way a father or stepfather to me is laughable.
- It is laughable that Mitt Romney would think anyone buys his latest act as an agent of change, when the only thing he's ever changed are his positions on every issue of importance .
News & Articles
- Money is what drives campus imagery issue
I enjoyed reading the recent Chief "void" column. It's almost laughable, however, to believe the decision was based on anything besides money. Never mind First Amendment rights, honored tradition, free country and democracy; we live in a market-driven society that uses political correctness to serve financial wants. read more
June 19, 2013 - IlliniHQ.com
- VOICE OF THE PEOPLE -- Facts vs. opinion
The column by Steve Nicklas June 12 contained so many factual errors that it would have been laughable except for the fact that it was printed as news instead of the opinion pages where it should have been.
June 19, 2013 - Fernandina Beach News-Leader
- Boehner calls Senate immigration bill 'laughable,' complicates prospects in House
House Speaker John Boehner said Tuesday that he does not “see any way” of bringing an immigration bill to the floor that does not have backing from a majority of the House’s GOP members, calling the border security provisions in the measure currently making its way through the Senate “weak” and “laughable.” Comprehensive immigration reform must – in some fashion – run through the House, and ...
June 18, 2013 - NBC NEWS