- s broadly or extravagantly humorous; resembling farce
ludicrous green hair
- s incongruous; inviting ridicule
it is ludicrous to call a cottage a mansion
- The pay of Great Britain's Prime Minister (5,000: $24,300 a year) is "ludicrously inadequate, gentlemen, ludicrously inadequate!"Thus testified fiery.
- A ludicrous combination of gossip, political intrigue and extreme weather reports, it's still put together mostly by the guy who started out as a convenience-store clerk.
- It was coined after a ludicrous scene in the latest Indiana Jones installment in which the hero climbs into a refrigerator and somehow survives a nuclear explosion.
News & Articles
- Some Other Terrible Ideas for the Premise of the 'Purge' Sequel
Unsurprisingly, the cheapo horror success The Purge, which earned $36.4 million on a $3 budget this past weekend, will be getting a sequel. That was inevitable, pure profit is hard to resist. But what will a sequel for this movie look like, given its particularly ludicrous premise? Let's offer some suggestions.
June 11, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Now for something completely frivolous: 'Betting' the '13 Pac-12
As you may have seen, a website called Pregame.com came out late last week with early college football spreads. Not early spreads, as in opening-weekend spreads, but early as in all the season’s major games. This is, of course, a fairly ludicrous idea, inasmuch as you can’t go to Nevada
June 10, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Will Smith in FOXNews
It is an awful and disgusting lie,Smith said in a statement Monday provided by his publicist. "It speaks to the dangerous power of an ignorant person with a pen. I am incensed and infuriated to have to respond to such ludicrous...
- Condoleezza Rice in Forbes
Let's be real about this and realistic about this, the idea that somehow 10 interceptors and a few radars in eastern Europe are going to threaten the Soviet strategic deterrent is purely ludicrous and everybody knows it,Rice told reporters...
- John McEnroe in Forbes
When you've got men and women playing at the same tournament, it is ludicrous to have a difference in pay,three-time men's champion John McEnroe told The Daily Telegraph. "It would be setting an example to the rest of society in general to...