- n a wooden structure consisting of an upright post with a transverse piece
- n a marking that consists of lines that cross each other
- n a representation of the structure on which Jesus was crucified; used as an emblem of Christianity or in heraldry
- n any affliction that causes great suffering
that is his cross to bear
- n (genetics) an organism that is the offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock; especially offspring produced by breeding plants or animals of different varieties or breeds or species
a mule is a cross between a horse and a donkey
- n (genetics) the act of mixing different species or varieties of animals or plants and thus to produce hybrids
- v travel across or pass over
- v meet at a point
- v hinder or prevent (the efforts, plans, or desires) of
- v fold so as to resemble a cross
she crossed her legs
- v to cover or extend over an area or time period
- v meet and pass
the trains crossed
- v trace a line through or across
cross your `t'
- v breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties
cross a horse and a donkey
Mendel tried crossbreeding
- s extending or lying across; in a crosswise direction; at right angles to the long axis
cross members should be all steel
- s annoyed and irritable
- Nike popularized cross-trainers in the late '80s and early '90s with its famous "Bo Knows" campaign, which depicted the multisport star Bo Jackson playing hoops, football and .
- The official word on cross-nursing is still nix.
- So is cross-nursing, in which mothers breast-feed one another's babies.
News & Articles
- North Cross announces honor rolls for middle/upper schools
Here are the middle school and high school honor rolls at North Cross School: Middle School Honor Roll First Honor Roll Sixth Grade: Miss Emily Frances Allara, Mr. Andrew Patrick Benson, Miss Olivia Anju-Lee Bloch, Miss Emma Margaret Cartledge, Miss Ann Ashley Daniel, Mr. Aidan Thomas Erwin, Miss Mary Triffany H’Doubler, Mr. Nalin Jha, Mr. [...]
June 17, 2013 - Roanoke Times
- Holy Cross senior trips
The Active Seniors of Holy Cross are planning the following trips. For meeting and trip information, call Maxine Beaver at 610-328-1068.
June 17, 2013 - Springfield Press
- Red Cross Bash salutes military, raises funds for American Red Cross Coastal Bend-Texas Chapter
The Red Cross Bash was June 7 at the Congressman Solomon P. Ortiz International Center.
June 16, 2013 - Corpus Christi Caller-Times
- Alan Rosenberg in Reuters
After considerable outreach to Golden Globe actor nominees and their representatives over the past several weeks, there appears to be unanimous agreement that these actors will not cross WGA picket lines,SAG President Alan Rosenberg said.
- Zubin Mehta in Sydney Morning Herald
We hope and we pray that the music will inspire people on the other side to open their hearts,Mehta told the audience of thousands, "and if they are sincere in saying that he is being well taken care of, they will not mind the Red Cross...
- Matt Cullen in ESPN
We cannot tolerate a terrorist sanctuary, and as President, I won't. We need a stronger and sustained partnership between Afghanistan, Pakistan and NATO to secure the border, to take out terrorist camps, and to crack down on cross-border... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA IBNLive.com http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.ibnlive.com/news/pakistan-turning-into-terror-sanctuary-obama/68920-2.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGT26_1mPhajDU9N0jpZeIVwWwwiQ Jul 15, 2008
23740 31799 crossbar I saw it hit the crossbar and then I lost sight of it," Cullen said. "I was actually surprised they were reviewing it. I didn't expect it to be a goal."