- n (genetics) the act of mixing different species or varieties of animals or plants and thus to produce hybrids
- v breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties
- The gigantic, riven, hybridizing, multiracial republic each year receives a major share of the world's emigration, legal or illegal.
- The more aggressive, nonnative brown and rainbow trout were supplanting or hybridizing the cutthroats, so Lang set out to find residual populations of genetically pure westslope .
- Now there's an attractive trend toward hybridizing high and low, grafting the brilliant verbal intelligence of high literature onto the sturdy narrative roots of genre fiction.
News & Articles
- Running with wolves
Local writer T. Delene Beeland throws herself to the wolves. Red wolves, that is. Over the course of a year, she shadowed researchers with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s Red Wolf Recovery Program, watching as the team fought to keep coyotes from hybridizing the endangered wolf breed and to keep local hunters from shooting them. Her book, The Secret World of Red Wolves: The Fight to Save ...
June 18, 2013 - Mountain Xpress