- n (genetics) the act of mixing different species or varieties of animals or plants and thus to produce hybrids
- n reproduction by parents of different races (especially by white and non-white persons)
- v breed animals or plants using parents of different races and varieties
Mendel tried crossbreeding
- By slow, painstaking crossbreeding with other varieties of rice, they gradually enhanced IR8's strong qualities and got rid of its weaknesses.
- So crossbreeding was dropped for straight cattalo-raising.
- Not many more people came when producers tried crossbreeding hot-spot intrigue with familiar genres.
News & Articles
- Could More Efficient Crops Feed a Growing, Warmer World?
In the shadow of a boisterous debate about the safety of growing crops that have been genetically modified, otherwise known as GMOs, the potential of good old-fashioned crossbreeding has been making... -- Read more on ScientificAmerican.com
Aug. 30, 2013 - Scientific American
- Michelle Bachelet in Prensa Latina
This is something that no civilised country can continue to tolerate. We want to stop the approach of anything goes in terms of hunting and crossbreeding. Some practices which have been developed over years and decades are distasteful and... Marthinus van Schalkwyk http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marthinus_van_Schalkwyk&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG3oW1qNHeNeF8B6iEwS0ahX4Bx-A guardian.co.uk http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.guardian.co.uk/southafrica/story/0,13262,1601451,00.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGPaQdHdLv0ys5m-t2D_1Wuw-oKOw Oct 26, 2005
23750 31808 crossbreeding In a ceremony at La Moneda Palace on Friday, Bachelet described Brouwer as a fundamental musician of Our America" and his work as "a sign of profound cultural crossbreeding, a synthesis of creation diversity and adventure."