- n wind blowing across the path of a ship or aircraft
- Nonetheless, the crosswinds were too strong for a sure landing.
- More typical is the gale blowing from dead ahead or the deceptively strong crosswind.
- The third car had a stabilizer fin on top, which did nothing to cure the Dymaxion's acute instability in crosswinds.
News & Articles
- Teams battle tough conditions in dory eliminations
The International Dory Races are a difficult enough task on a crystal clear, calm morning. But take into account the tricky crosswind blowing across the race course at Niles Beach on Saturday morning made the half mile or mile race treacherous. When
June 10, 2013 - Gloucester Daily Times
- Phil Mickelson in USA Today
The difficult thing about the wind today was that it was a crosswind on a lot of holes,Mickelson said. "I was fortunate to get the ball in play off the tee. That was the key for me. It made for a much easier round."
- John Daly in Sports Network
This was survival today,said Daly, who failed to qualify for the US Open at Oakmont. "You don't get shots into the wind or downwind. Everything is crosswind."
- Dusty Baker in San Francisco Chronicle
There was a crosswind that knocked that ball down,Baker said. "I thought sure it was going off the wall or maybe out, but the wind knocked it down and messed Freddie up."