- n a puzzle in which words corresponding to numbered clues are to be found and written in to squares in the puzzle
- Participants who solved crossword puzzles four days a week, for instance, had a 47% lower risk of dementia than those who do the puzzles once a week.
News & Articles
- Father's Day crossword puzzle
Baseball and Father's Day is a great combination. To celebrate dad's special day, I offer you this "Father's Day"-themed crossword puzzle for you to enjoy. You can also solve the puzzle online here or print out a PDF. Across 1. Checked out 6. Hale 9. "Let's ___" 13. 1964 AL Rookie of the Year 14. Father Vern and son Vance 15. Adorable one 16. 1990s Mets/Astros reserve infielder Tim ____ 17 ...
June 16, 2013 - ESPN Blogs
- Know it. All.
Get this additional local content, available exclusively in the June 13 print and e-editions: Law enforcement and court reports, births, marriages, new businesses, anniversaries, tides, school and Senior Center menus, letters to the editor, crossword puzzle, legal notices and ads from local businesses.
June 13, 2013 - Fort Bragg Advocate-News
• The crossword puzzles were duplicated Tuesday on B10. You can find Monday's puzzle solution to the top puzzle today on Page 6 of Classifieds.
June 12, 2013 - Arizona Daily Star
- Jorge Garcia in Toronto Sun
Garcia writes for Daily Variety, "I think the time spent under the cast tent on set will be what I'll miss the most. We sang songs to Terry (O'Quinn)...... made valiant group efforts to complete a Friday edition of the New York Times crossword...
- Will Shortz in Reuters
In an editor's note, Times' puzzle editor Will Shortz wrote: "The clues in this puzzle are a little more playful and involve more wordplay than in a typical crossword. You have been warned."
- Colin Dexter in Times Online
Colin Dexter, author of the Inspector Morse crime novels and a puzzle enthusiast, said: "I'm sorry to hear somebody's discovered how to do it. It's like using a computer program to work out crossword anagrams - it takes all the fun and struggle out...