hybrid : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a word that is composed of parts from different languages (e.g., `monolingual' has a Greek prefix and a Latin root)
- n a composite of mixed origin
the vice-presidency is a hybrid of administrative and legislative offices
- n (genetics) an organism that is the offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock; especially offspring produced by breeding plants or animals of different varieties or breeds or species
- s produced by crossbreeding
- The hybrid market is booming, but manufacturers are struggling to keep up with demand and the need for the special electric batteries.
- Will Nissan's Leaf (electric) or Honda's FCX Clarity (hydrogen) leapfrog the celebrated hybrid technology now driving sales of Toyota's Prius?.
- GM's new line includes a muscle car, a hybrid pickup, several crossover vehicles and the battery-powered Volt.
- Katsuaki Watanabe in Reuters
We decided to build the Camry hybrid in Australia because Australians are keenly aware of environmental issues including global warming,Toyota President Katsuaki Watanabe told a news conference in Nagoya, central Japan, attended by visiting...
- John McCain in CNN
Every year the federal government buys upwards of 60,000 cars and other vehicles, not including military or law-enforcement vehicles,McCain said. "From now on, we're going to make those civilian vehicles flex-fuel capable, plug-in hybrid...
- Paris Hilton in Forbes
I changed all the light bulbs to energy safe light bulbs and I'm buying a hybrid car right now,Hilton said, adding she also turned off the lights at home, didn't leave the TV on or the water running when she left the home. "Little things...