- a moved or operated or effected by liquid (water or oil)
- a of or relating to the study of hydraulics
- The Battlefield Extraction-Assist Robot (BEAR), developed for military search-and-rescue missions, has hydraulic arms that can support injured soldiers weighing up to 400 lbs .
- The three-wheeled, aluminum-framed Clever turns like a dream thanks to computer-controlled cornering and hydraulics.
- During his second test on water his hydraulic system exploded.
News & Articles
- Signing of Hydraulic Fracking Act sets stage for potential Illinois oil boom
The stage has been set for a potential oil boom in Southern Illinois after Gov. Pat Quinn signed the Hydraulic Fracturing Regulatory Act into law on Monday. Quinn says the new law enacts the nation’s strongest environmental protections for hydraulic fracturing and has the potential to create thousands of jobs in Southern Illinois.
June 19, 2013 - Evansville Courier & Press
- Alert issued after hydraulic fluid spill in Rubbertown
A Level 1 hazardous materials situation was declared in Louisville Tuesday afternoon following a spill of hydraulic fluid at a plant in Rubbertown.
June 18, 2013 - Louisville Courier-Journal
- Quinn signs hydraulic fracturing law
SPRINGFIELD — Without ceremony, Gov. Pat Quinn on Monday signed into law a plan to permit and regulate high-volume horizontal hydraulic fracturing.
June 17, 2013 - Quad-City Times
- Henry Waxman in Houston Chronicle
Hydraulic fracturing could help us unlock vast domestic natural gas reserves once thought unattainable, strengthening America's energy independence and reducing carbon emissions,said Committee Chairman Henry Waxman, D-Calif. "As we use...
- Kimi RÃ¤ikkÃ¶nen in Javno.hr
The first session went well but in the second one I lost a lot of time with an hydraulic problem and I only managed to do one run of laps on new tyres in the final moments,said Raikkonen. "We therefore don't have much of a reference point...