- v change from a crossed to an uncrossed position
She uncrossed her legs
- Mothers across the nation can uncross their fingers.
- When a book makes headlines months before its scheduled release, the publisher and author can normally uncross their fingers and alert their accountants.
- When from time to time a professional turns up with a lively interest in books as business, publishers uncross their legs and stare in bewilderment.
- Thomas Boswell in Wall Street Journal
When Campbell returned to the field in an approximately ambulatory state, this whole city could uncross its fingers,writes Thomas Boswell in the Washington Post. "Nothing in this town is anticipated on an annual basis like the start of a...
- Larry Brown in New York Times
They used to beat us like a drum when I was with Indiana,Brown said. "And I told our team, 'Let's just get him to uncross his legs.' And we succeeded in the last game I coached at Indiana. But I have a lot of respect for what he's done."