- n someone who practices homosexuality; having a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex
- s bright and pleasant; promoting a feeling of cheer
a gay sunny room
- s full of or showing high-spirited merriment
when hearts were young and gay
a poet could not but be gay, in such a jocund company"- Wordsworth
- s given to social pleasures often including dissipation
led a gay Bohemian life
a gay old rogue with an eye for the ladies
- s brightly colored and showy
a dress a bit too gay for her years
birds with gay plumage
- s offering fun and gaiety
gay and exciting night life
- s homosexual or arousing homosexual desires
- Viewpoint: The tragic killing of a gay eighth grader in California should be an occasion for mourning, not new hate-crime legislation.
- Why gay couples have more equality and less tension at home--but still split up more often than straight pairs.
- Despite a court victory in Florida, gay activists should expect conservatives to raise parenting as the next arena in conflict after marriage.
News & Articles
- Gay Pride Parade rolls down Denver's Colfax on Sunday
Downtown Denver traffic will take a detour or two Sunday morning during the annual Gay Pride Parade, which steps off from Cheesman Park at 9 a.m. and moves down East Colfax Avenue to Civic Center.
June 16, 2013 - Denver Post
- Gay has triple medal haul in mind for worlds
By Gene Cherry RALEIGH, North Carolina (Reuters) - Former world sprint title holder Tyson Gay has a lofty goal in mind for August's global championships - three trips to the podium just like six years ago. Completely fit for the first time since winning gold in the 100 and 200 meters and 4x100 relay at the 2007 worlds, Gay told Reuters he will run both sprints at next week's U.S. championships ...
June 15, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Gay Rights Activists Protest Outside House Speaker Madigan’s Office
About 40 gay rights activists were out in the rain Saturday, picketing in front of Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan's southwest side Chicago office, demanding a vote in the House on same-sex marriage, reports WBBM's Bob Roberts.
June 15, 2013 - CBS Chicago
- Gen Peter Pace in Washington Post
But Pace told the newspaper "As an individual, I would not want (acceptance of gay behavior) to be our policy, just like I would not want it to be our policy that if we were to find out that so-and-so was sleeping with somebody else's wife, that we...
- Tim Hardaway in Chicago Sun-Times
Gay and lesbian Americans : are often barred from the bedsides of the partners with whom they may have spent decades of their lives-unable to be there for the person they love, and unable to act as a legal surrogate if their partner is... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA Wall Street Journal http://www.google.com/url?q=http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304510004575186893862169492.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG98PQH_nWrrP6lbONEN_lLC7St-Q Apr 15, 2010
41333 53056 gay I hate gay people," Hardaway said. "I am homophobic. I don't like [homosexuality]. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."