- n a happy party
- n a yawl used by a ship's sailors for general work
- v be silly or tease one another
- s full of or showing high-spirited merriment
the jolly crowd at the reunion
jolly old Saint Nick
- r to a moderately sufficient extent or degree
jolly decent of him
- But they form one coherent snapshot of a lost world, the antic, cosmopolitan Berlin of the 1930's, where jolly expatriates dance faster and faster, as if that would save them from .
- By playing the role of the jolly fat man, Ohio Democrat Mike Di Salle helped make himself a political success.
- Even singing, the national pastime and TV staple, seems reserved for an interchangeable lineup of warbling coquettes, husky crooners and jolly fellows in brass stars and epaulets .
News & Articles
- Jolly McCarty Memorial golf tournament set for Saturday in Gautier
PASCAGOULA -- After months of planning and then a rain delay, it's Jolly time.
June 12, 2013 - The Biloxi Sun Herald
- Lake Forest sweet shop offers ‘Jolly Good’ time
Laura Fellows thought she hit the sweet spot with the right combination of goodies and the perfect location. But she never dreamed her new shop, Jolly Good Fellows Sweet Boutique on Market Square in Lake Forest, would draw the crowds it has since it opened May 31. “We’re so busy, we have hundreds of people in here every day,” she said.
June 11, 2013 - Lake Forester
- What Can Johnny Jolly Bring to the Green Bay Packers After 3-Year Absence?
As the Green Bay Packers continue competing among the NFC's elite, they become fortunate with the return of Johnny Jolly —a veteran defensive end who has earned a second chance of a football career after facing challenges off the field. After being released early from his original six-year prison sentence, Jolly was reinstated by the NFL and has returned to the Packers . Now, it's all ...
June 10, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Manmohan Singh in Sify
ddressing a press conference here, Dr. Singh said: "What was said about the Indian role in Balochistan has no basis. Those who are levelling these false charges know it jolly well."
- Steven Gerrard in Forbes
Gerrard called the pilot "a cowboy" who had "no regard for human life" and who had "gone out on a jolly."
- Kamal Nath in International Herald Tribune
If foreign direct investment is coming to our special economic zones it can also jolly well go to Thailand, Philippines and Indonesia,Nath said. "Investment has to be attracted. It can't be demanded."