jovial : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s full of or showing high-spirited merriment
a jovial old gentleman
- In Peiping jovial Feng flatly denied that Japanese with bombing planes have recaptured Dolonnor.
- The Basterds are a unit of Jews American and German under the command of Brad Pitt's Lieutenant Aldo Raine, a tough, jovial hillbilly who sees his mission as the killing .
- Like "Money Honey," this is a lament made jovial by the fast tempo and the sassy delivery of the hand-clapping, call-and-response chorus.
News & Articles
- Diaz: Jason Leffler death will mark tragic Father's Day
My day began with a jovial spin with Tony Stewart around Daytona International Speedway.
June 13, 2013 - Orlando Sentinel
- Before Midnight
Greek scenery, a jovial meal, then a relationship in crisis by Al Hoff Traditionally, the "happy" resolution for romantic stories is marriage. But as Richard Linklater's Before Midnight posits, marriage is the hard part and the earlier falling-in-love story is a lot more fun.… [ Read more ] [ Subscribe to the comments on this story ]
June 12, 2013 - Pittsburgh City Paper
- Doc Rivers in ESPN
That's a private conversation,Rivers said. "It wasn't a jovial one, I can tell you that. But it was an honest one."
- George Takei in News1130
Pevney directed with precision and was highly organized "but he was very relaxed - in fact, jovial - in the way he directed," said George Takei, who played Sulu. "I enjoyed working with him."
- Zalmay Khalilzad in Washington Post
WASHINGTON -- The first direct, high-level contact in years among US, Iranian and Syrian representatives included "frank and sometimes jovial exchanges," Zalmay Khalilzad, the US ambassador to Iraq, said Saturday.