homo : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n someone who practices homosexuality; having a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex
- n any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae characterized by superior intelligence, articulate speech, and erect carriage
- L'Oncle Sam: Power Luster Efforts to explain the world economic depression led sapient Professor Corrado Gini of the University of Rome last week to divide homo sapiens,.
- The two-dimensional advertising version is supplied by photographer Bruce Weber's youth beefcake: frolicking models, draped in nearly as much eroticism (hetero and homo) as they .
News & Articles
- How Old Is E.T.?
The evolution of intelligent life in the Universe is likely restricted by the metallicity of the stars -- could Homo sapiens therefore be amongst the first of the intelligent civilizations to emerge?
July 2, 2013 - Discovery News
- Study: Human ancestors got ability to throw 1.8 million years ago
No one knows whether Homo erectus, the early ancestor of both the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox, threw the split-finger fastball.
June 27, 2013 - Denver Post
- Scalia Slams Supreme Court for Judging Same-Sex ‘Marriage’ Opponents as ‘Enemies of Human Race’
WASHINGTON – In releasing his dissent from the majority opinion in Wednesday’s Supreme Court ruling that declared unconstitutional a key component of the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), Justice Antonin Scalia slammed his colleagues for considering those who oppose homosexual “marriage” as being “enemies of the human race.” As previously reported, the court ruled in [...]
June 27, 2013 - Christian News Network
- Sean Penn in FOXNews
You commie, homo-loving sons of guns,Penn began in accepting the prize. "I did not expect this and I want it to be very clear that I do know how hard I make it to appreciate me often."
- Meave Leakey in Middle East Times
Their co-existence makes it unlikely that Homo erectus evolved from Homo habilis,said Meave Leakey, one of the lead authors of the paper. "The fact that they stayed separate as individual species for a long time suggests that they had...