- n any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae characterized by superior intelligence, articulate speech, and erect carriage
- a characteristic of humanity
- a relating to a person
the experiment was conducted on 6 monkeys and 2 human subjects
- a having human form or attributes as opposed to those of animals or divine beings
the human body
- Taking a page out of a science fiction tale, a scientist at Wake Forest University has figured out how to grow human organs in the lab.
- An FBI sting operation uncovers what Chinese activists say is a grisly trade: human organs for cash.
- Renegade scientists say they are ready to start applying the technology of cloning to human beings.
News & Articles
- Human error cause of mistake on LEISD election ballot
Human error caused the order of candidates to be incorrectly listed on ballots for the recent Little Elm Independent School District school board election.
June 12, 2013 - The Little Elm Journal
- Human Genome Project Spurred $966 Billion Sciences Boom
The $14.5 billion investment by the U.S. in the Human Genome Project, completed a decade ago, has paid off more than 60-fold in new jobs, drugs and a rapidly expanding genetics industry, an analysis has found.
June 12, 2013 - Bloomberg
- The Human Frontier Science Program on track for 2014-2016
( Human Frontier Science Program ) At an Intergovernmental Conference hosted by the European Commission in Brussels, Belgium on June 11th, representatives from the governments that support the Human Frontier Science Program came together to confirm a financial framework for the continuation of the Program from 2014-2016. The meeting resulted in a joint communiqué, signed by all participating ...
June 11, 2013 - EurekAlert!
- Barack Obama in Boston Globe
The weight of this crisis will not determine the destiny of this nation,Obama said in his first speech to a joint session of Congress. "Those qualities that have made America the greatest force of progress and prosperity in human history...
- Elizardo Sanchez in Independent
These liberations will not mean a significant improvement in the terrible situation of human rights that exists in Cuba,he said. "It's opening the prisons a little, and not to everyone."
- Andy Pettitte in Chicago Sun-Times
In 2002, I was injured. I had heard that human growth hormone could promote faster healing for my elbow,Pettitte said in the statement released to the Associated Press by agent Randy Hendricks. "I felt an obligation to get back to my team...