cheery : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s bright and pleasant; promoting a feeling of cheer
a cheery hello
- In Washington last week, Government economists were as cheery as the cherry trees and for much the same reason.
- Smart, funny and cheery, Meyer does not seem noticeably undead in person.
- Since his 2005 debut album, T-Pain has sent a dozen slightly raunchy, mechanically cheery singles into the Top 10.
News & Articles
- Alabama National Guard members from Mobile brighten the day of Afghan school children
The kindergarten located just outside Camp Blackhorse in Kabul Province, Afghanistan is a far cry from the bright, cheery classrooms seen in American schools.
June 11, 2013 - Mobile Press-Register
- These New iOS 7 Icons Sure Look Familiar
Apple's new app icons sure are something, aren't they? Each one is so delightful and cheery and vibrant. Who knew shading would look so much better than drop shadows! But wait! I think I've seen some of these before. Read more...
June 10, 2013 - Gizmodo
- Facebook is music to some users' ears
A cheery new YouTube video called "Facebook - The Musical" is on its way to going viral at more than 500,000 views during its first few days on the Web, thanks to a campy crew of crooners singing the praises of the social network. [ BLOCK YOUR EARS: BlackBerry band sings praises of Z10 ] While I'd love to see "Annie," "Bye Bye Birdie" and the rest of those overplayed musicals go the way of ...
June 9, 2013 - PC World
- Martin Lewis in Reuters UK
At the moment we are sending up Morse code as a way of contacting aliens,Martin Lewis told BBC radio. "Maybe we should send them something a little more cheery."
- Rahul Dravid in Hindu
Asked if he found captaining India a burden in such a scenario, Dravid said, "burden is too strong a word and people say that because of how I look. I'm not naturally a cheery-looking soul on the field." "I do enjoy it but there are aspects I...
- Sir Alex Ferguson in Telegraph.co.uk
I have known Albert since I came to United and he was always a delightful man,said Sir Alex Ferguson. "He was always cheery and never lost his sense of humour despite the experience he had, and to come through that shows his strength of...