- s offering fun and gaiety
a festive (or festal) occasion
- It looks like a lighthouse that has been converted into a festive nuclear missile.
- Throughout Malacanang Palace there was a festive air.
- But most of the jostling travelers were in a festive, uncomplaining mood.
- John McCain in The Southern Ledger (blog)
It just wouldn't be appropriate to have a festive occasion while a near tragedy or a terrible challenge is presented in the form of a natural disaster,McCain said in an interview taped Saturday with "Fox News Sunday." "So we're monitoring...
- Pope Benedict XVI in Christian Post
With deep apprehension I think, on this festive day, of the Middle East, marked by so many grave crises and conflicts, and I express my hope that the way will be opened to a just and lasting peace,Benedict said Monday.
- Nobutaka Machimura in SI.com
In a festive environment where everyone can celebrate, we hope the Olympic torch relay will proceed smoothly,Chief Cabinet Secretary Nobutaka Machimura said in Tokyo.