- n the act of breaking something into small pieces
- v hit hard
- v break into pieces, as by striking or knocking over
- v reduce to bankruptcy
- v hit violently
- v humiliate or depress completely
- v damage or destroy as if by violence
- v hit (a tennis ball) in a powerful overhead stroke
- v collide or strike violently and suddenly
- v overthrow or destroy (something considered evil or harmful)
- v break suddenly into pieces, as from a violent blow
- s very good
you look simply smashing
- First there was the fax machine-smashing scene in Office Space .
- Fiorello LaGuardia, who ruled New York from 1934 to '45, besides reforming and rebuilding his city, was famous for smashing slot machines with a sledgehammer and reading the .
- That didn't sit well with Townshend, who told Hoffman to "f off" before smashing him with his guitar, knocking him from the stage.
News & Articles
- Duchess Kate Middleton Christens Cruise Ship
Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton’s last royal engagement before she gives birth to her first child next month involved the smashing of a champagne bottle, but there was no scandal here for the beloved duchess. The duchess, 31, fulfilled a royal tradition today by becoming...
June 13, 2013 - ABC News
- Stealing Business from New York State
Texas governor smashing New York, encourage businesses to come to the Lone Star State.
June 13, 2013 - WKBW-TV Buffalo
- Not-guilty plea in Linda shovel attack
An 80-year-old Linda man pleaded not guilty on Tuesday to smashing his 72-year-old co-worker in the head with a shovel. Speaking through a Spanish interpreter, Rudolfo F. Mosqueda denied striking Eugenio Acosta during a drunken argument on Saturday evening, according to Yuba County Superior Court...
June 13, 2013 - Appeal-Democrat
- Andy Roddick in People's Daily Online
As far as smashing racquet, you know, it's helped me many times, it's hurt me that many times also,Roddick said. "But it's just part of my personality. I've always been pretty expressive and emotional on the court. Sometimes it helps,...
- Enzo Maccarinelli in South Wales Evening Post
When I get in that ring I'm going to be an angry man throwing bombs,said Maccarinelli, who lost his crown to David Haye back in March. "These things happen in boxing. It's been a bad year but I can end it on a high by smashing up a good...
- Joe Biden in Paste Magazine
It's smash and grab, no different than a guy walking down Fifth Avenue and smashing the window at Tiffany's and reaching in and grabbing what's in the window,Vice President Joe Biden said in a statement issued when the plan was announced last...