keen : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a funeral lament sung with loud wailing
- v express grief verbally
- s having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions
- s intense or sharp
- s very good
- s painful as if caused by a sharp instrument
- s having a sharp cutting edge or point
a keen blade
- The Queen is a keen photographer and enjoys taking pictures of her family.
- Her father was keen on amateur theatricals in the home; his daughter later enthralled the suffragists with her oratory and her voice.
- Some keen observers believe Webb was not actually being seriously considered.
News & Articles
- Vale David Hirst
Yves here. Steve Keen sent this note along with his post: The journalist David Hirst was both one of the few to warn of the crisis, and someone who became a good friend. He died last week, as a long term consequence of internal injuries sustained about ten years ago in the USA, when he tried to stop a woman being bashed. His spouse asked me to see if I could get the attached published on NC ...
June 17, 2013 - Naked Capitalism
- UW women’s basketball team adds 6-5 center Macy Keen
Keen will have to sit out the 2013-14 season due to NCAA transfer rules.
June 14, 2013 - Seattle Times
- GA Keen Realty Advisors Markets Income Producing Class A Industrial Facility in Ohio
GA Keen Realty Advisors, the real estate division of Great American Group, Inc. , has been exclusively retained by The Antioch Company, LLC d/b/a Creative Memories to
June 13, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in Politico
Instead, Obama said he wanted a nominee to have an "independent mind, a record of excellence and integrity, a fierce dedication to the rule of law and a keen understanding of how the law affects the daily lives of the American people."
- Ashley Judd in The Associated Press
I'm not too keen on reinforcing stereotypes about my people, but I don't know a lot of hillbillies who golf,Judd said in the June 9 speech.
- Osama bin Laden in Navhind Times
Some of you have been lax in one duty, which is to unite your ranks,bin Laden said in the audiotape. "Beware of division ...... Muslims are waiting for you to gather under a single banner to champion righteousness. Be keen to oblige with...