- v cut or make a way through
- v move or affect (a person's emotions or bodily feelings) deeply or sharply
- v sound sharply or shrilly
- v penetrate or cut through with a sharp instrument
- v make a hole into
- s having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions
- s painful as if caused by a sharp instrument
piercing knifelike pains
- Getting thongs or tattoos or body piercings, he argues, is actually a "statement to other kids that they are part of this very, very intense, powerful second family of peer group .
- Acupuncture--the Oriental practice of piercing the flesh with steel needles to relieve illness--was long as exotic to Westerners as snake soup or the I ching.
- Explosively formed penetrators, or EFPs, proved effective at piercing American armor by firing a concave copper disc from a makeshift cannon, which transformed the slug midair into .
News & Articles
- Oh, what can possibly go wrong with increasing our involvement in Syria? Really?
“We start carrying semi automatics, they buy automatics, we start wearing Kevlar, they buy armor piercing rounds . . .” - Commissioner James Gordon/Batmen Begins Glad am I that the United States learned the lessons the French were taught in Southeast Asia, and wisely passed on the opportunity to take part in a war which might consume thousands of American lives, cost millions of dollars over the ...
June 17, 2013 - Arkansas Times
- NY Law Would Ban Cop-Killing Handguns
New York has a reputation as one of the strongest pro-police, pro-gun control states in America, and the Empire State is about to take it one step further. Rep. Eliott Engel (D) of New York has introduced the Protect Law Enforcement Armor Act (PLEA). The bill that would ban “five-seven" handguns, which are pistols that are capable of piercing a police officer’s bulletproof vest at 200 meters ...
June 17, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Cops: Woman stabs boyfriend piercing his heart
An Orlando woman was arrested on charges of attempted first degree murder after stabbing her boyfriend piercing his heart around midnight Friday.
June 14, 2013 - Orlando Sentinel
- Hosni Mubarak in Africasia
A causeway piercing through Sharm el-Sheikh would cause damage to a number of hotels and tourism establisments,Mubarak told the daily.
- Ozzy Osbourne in Houston Chronicle
Osbourne said, "I was so frightened, it was full of crazy people. As I curled up in a ball the air was filled with ear-piercing screams. I didn't leave my room for five days. It's one of the scariest things I have ever done."