knifelike : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s cutting or able to cut as if with a knife
- s having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions
icy knifelike reasoning
- s painful as if caused by a sharp instrument
piercing knifelike pains
- s having a sharp or distinct edge
a narrow knifelike profile
- At the Chicago hospital, he complained of severe, knifelike pains in the abdomen.
- Senior federal and airline officials told PTI last week that two knifelike weapons were found on two separate Delta Airlines planes that never took off on Sept.
- The accident splintered the boy's jaw and sent a knifelike sliver slicing across the base of his tongue.
News & Articles
- Mild-Mannered Stingrays Can Inflict A World Of Hurt
These cousins of the shark send thousands of waders and surfers yelping for medical help each year. A powerful toxin in the barb of the ray's tail triggers a "knifelike pain" that can last for hours. Best prevention? Do the "stingray shuffle."
Jan. 21, 2014 - NPR
- Ned Yost in San Francisco Chronicle
He didn't pull anything,Milwaukee Brewers manager Ned Yost said after Thursday's 7-3 loss to the Athletics. "It just felt strange to him. It was not a knifelike pain, just a dull ache. He has some scar tissue back there, and it could be he...